Click here for a challenge =)
2 pcs Frozen Low GI Roti Canai
40ml Cooking Oil
1 Red Onion, Thinly Sliced
10 Shallots, Thinly Sliced
4 Cloves Garlic, Thinly Sliced Inch Ginger, Cut into Matchsticks
1/2 tbsp Mix Fenugreek / Halba Campur (Fenugreek, Cumin, Fennel Seed and Mustard Seed)
2 tbsp Each Mix 2 Brands of Fish Curry Powder
2 tbsp Kurma Powder
1/3 Can Crushed Tomato
1 tbsp Tamarind Water (Air asam jawa)
2 Stems Curry Leaves
2 Ripe Tomatoes
1 Red Chili
Salt to Taste
1. Add oil in a pot on medium heat, sauté onion and shallots until their tips are starting to brown.
2. Add Mix Fenugreek / halba campur to toast them lightly, being careful not to burn them. Once fragrant, add ginger and garlic. Saute everything until lightly browned.
3. Add curry powder and kurma powder. Saute lightly the powder mixture before adding water. Leave to simmer for about 5 minutes until oil starts to come to the surface (pecah minyak)
4. Then add crushed tomatoes and tamarind water. Bring to boil.
5. Add curry leaves and coriander stems (reserve leaves for garnish). Season with salt to taste before adding the salmon, tomato, red chilli, and okra. Cook salmon for 5 minutes.
6. Once salmon is cooked and vegetables are soft, turn off the heat and add coriander leaves. Leave the pot covered before serving.
7. Pan fry the roti canai straight from the freezer on medium-high heat. Follow timing and instructions on roti canai packet for best results.
8. Serve roti canai with curry on the side or on top, as you wish.